To help engage this community, I’ve developed so-called “columns” of posts, each with its own focus or purpose:
- Articles, essays, notes, exhortations, and random thoughts I’ve authored about music, artists, and the music business.
- This column is usually published about once a month, but depends on how busy my day job is. Or how many creative outbursts I have.
- Suggestions for topics are always welcome.
- Step into the WABAC machine and enjoy a sampling of classics from before my time. And if you don’t know what a WABAC machine is, ask Mr. Peabody & Sherman. ;-)
- This column is published every so-often.
Somethin’ I Can Dance To
- A sampling of past, current, or upcoming tracks which should make the average human tap their foot. Don’t worry – dancing is only recommended, not required.
- This column is published whenever the spirit – or the beat – moves me.
- FYI…this column’s title was inspired by the lyrics of Alphabeat.
What’s New & Hot in Music?
- An introduction to newly-released material which is sure to heat up the charts, airwaves, and/or hearts. The focus is usually on artists who aren’t on major labels and therefore, may not get as much exposure through traditional industry channels.
- This column is usually published on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Whatever Happened To?
- A rewind to select artists from my past – and their not-so-select tracks – who have faded from my radar. These may be personal favorites, oldies-but-goodies, or one-hit wonders.
- This column is usually published on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- And yes, I know my English teacher probably wouldn’t like this column’s title. Get over it…I have. :-)